Thursday, September 1, 2016

To My One And Only Grandson

To My One and Only Grandson,

I'm so proud of you!
I have no greater I joy than to know my children serve the Lord (3rd John 1:4).

Choose your friends and girlfriends wisely. The Bible says: "make no mistake, wrong-doing companions destroy good behavior. (I Cor. 15:33). That's how Kirk got off on the wrong track. Hanging around with the wrong crowd. I know you won't do that.

Also you are wise to avoid girls who do not have good morals. Proverbs chapter 7 warns you about this.
If any girl entices you to do wrong, and many girls also fall into this trap with words such as, "If you love me, you will . . . " here is what you answer: "If you love me, you wouldn't ask me to do something which God's word says is wrong." Read Galatians 5:19.

When you read the story of Joseph (Gen. 39:7) and the story of Samson (Judges 16) you will see that Samson had great, supernatural strength, but Joseph had strong moral character. Samson ended up blind and helpless. Joseph ended up second in command of all Egypt, used mightily by God to save a nation and also his own family. 
"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body." I Cor. 6:18.


You are a Joseph, my son.

I love you to the moon and back a thousand times.


Grandma Hat.

2 comments: